How To Find a Job & Immigrate to Canada From Mexico

WorkHorse Hub January 4, 2018

Have you ever dreamed of skiing down the slopes of the Rocky Mountains? Or skating with your friends on the neighbourhood ice rink? Or maybe you are a family guy who wants to give his children access to one of the best education systems in the world? Canada has so much to offer but a key step in coming to live in this country is finding a job.

At WorkHorse, we know that skilled job seekers from Mexico have a reputation of being loyal, smart employees with a tremendous work ethic.  More than that, we know that people from various cultures and backgrounds make Canada more diverse and awesome.

The Canadian Government announced in the fall of 2017, that new immigrant intakes will be at a record high in the next three years. The Government approved a quota of approximately 1,000,000 new residents who will be able to call Canada home.

What can be one of the easiest routes to get into the quota pool? Get a job and come here with your family under Federal Skilled Trades Class.

  • You can come with your spouse or common law partner (common law partner is a person cohabitating with you for at least 12 months).

  • Your work permit will be tied to the employer and location and will be based on the positive LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment) that your employer will apply for.

  • Your spouse or common law partner will have an Open Work Permit valid for the same period as yours which means he or she will be able to work at a job of his/her choice.

  • Your dependant children will be able to go to school in Canada.

  • You and your family will be covered by provincial healthcare (healthcare programs vary from province to province).

  • You will be able to apply for a Provincial Nominee sponsorship after 6 or 12 months (varies from province to province)

  • After 12 months working in Canada, you will be able to apply for a permanent resident status which will be processed via the Express Entry intake system and will include your entire family (including dependent children)

Doesn’t that sound exciting? You can start your process today and WorkHorse Hub can help. Create your job seeker profile on, get matched with employers looking for talents like yours; successfully go through the interview, get a Qualified Job Offer and apply for your Work Permit. Did you know that citizens of Mexico do not need visas to come to Canada anymore? More than that – Mexicans are eligible to apply for the Work Permits at the Canadian Port of Entry (border).

What are the requirements of Federal Skilled Trades Class applicant?

Your job/profession must qualify under Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC) Skill Level B in the occupation groups listed here:


You need to have at least two years of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work experience) in a skilled trade within the five years before you apply.


You must meet the minimum language level of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 5 for speaking and listening, and Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 4 for reading and writing, and take a language test approved by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) that shows you meet the level for speaking, listening, reading and writing.

Here you will find CLB equivalences:

Job Offer:

Have an offer of full-time employment for a total period of at least one year or a certificate of qualification in that skilled trade issued by a Canadian provincial or territorial authority.

You can secure your job offer with

Back to All Posts